At the requests of Community Action Agencies and State Associations across the country, elected officials issued proclamations proclaiming May 2013 Community Action Month.
National Community Action Month in May was created by the Community Action Partnership to reinforce Community Action Agencies’ role helping low-income families achieve economic stability.
- Community Action Partnership Association of Idaho – Idaho Governor CL Otter
- Community Action Kentucky – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear
- Southern New Hampshire Services – New Hampshire Governor Gov. Maggie Hassan
- Ohio Association of Community Action Agencies – Ohio Governor John Kasich
- Oklahoma Association of Community Action Agencies – Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin
- West Virginia Community Action Partnership – Earl Ray Tomblin
- Community Action Partnership of Riverside County (CA) – Riverside County Board of Supervisors
- Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino – San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors
- Sangamon County (IL) Community Resources – Sangamon County Board
- Community Services Employment Training – Tulare County (CA) Board of Supervisors
- Dubois County (IN) Commissioners – TRI-CAP
- Pike County (IN) Commissioners – TRI-CAP
- Salt Lake (UT)Community Action Program –Mayor Ralph Becker, Salt Lake City
- United Planning Organization – Mayor Vincent Gray, Washington, DC